Map & Directions
Why I Teach
Search Engine Optimization and Free Submission
What is Montessori?
The Montessori method offers developmentally appropriate, hands-on, activities for children. It helps them develop problem solving skills. We strengthen a child’s self-esteem by showing them respect, encouraging independence, and acknowledging their successes. Children have fun learning! It is very individualized so each child is able to learn at their own pace. Most children thrive in this environment.
About the Provider:|
My name is Brenda Schoen, and you already know a lot about me from my qualifications and from
“Why I Teach,” found elsewhere on this site. Other information you might like to know is that my husband, Dennis,
and I have two children, their spouses, and five grandchildren. Our home is pet free and smoke free.
Lois Thomeczek is my co-teacher. She usually works with me two mornings a week, and she is also my substitute.
It is a benefit for both the parents and their children to have a familiar substitute on call. Parents don’t have to find back up care at the last minute, and the children have continuity.
Lois was a teacher’s aide in the elementary schools for 14 years.
She has been a preschool teacher with me for over 15 years.
She is an outstanding teacher and the children love her.
• We use the Montessori method which is developmentally appropriate, hands-on, and individualized.
• The award winning “Handwriting Without Tears” is the technique we use to learn to print.
• Our weekly theme is a letter from the alphabet and the sound it makes.
• Besides the fundamentals of phonics, writing, counting, shapes, colors, etc.,
we also have fun learning sign language and cooking.
• Certified Montessori Preschool teacher since 1991.
• Teacher/Assistant Director in a center for 4 years.
• Opened Montessori Home Preschool/Childcare in 1995, state licensed.
• Obtained my CDA, Child Development Associate, in 2006.
• Certified as a Kansas preschool director.
• 32 college credit hours specifically in Early Childhood Education, 4.0 GPA.
• AS degree in Early Childhood Education in 2009.
• Awarded Kansas Childcare Provider of the Year in 2010.
• Love and Logic parenting classes.
• "Handwriting Without Tears" workshop.
• Conscious Discipline classes.
• Basic sign language classes.
• First Aid and CPR.
• Preschool Board Member at my church for 6 years
• Vice-President of Child Care Provider's Coalition of Kansas.
• Recommended by Kindergarten teachers.
WEBSITE DESIGN BY:
THE DAYCARE RESOURCE CONNECTION